04 August, 2005

The Tupac of TV shows

So it's official...sorta. According to Charlie Murphy via CNN.com, Chappelle's Show is done.
"I'm disappointed it ended the way it did, but I'm not angry with anybody," [Murphy] said. " 'Chappelle's Show' was like the Tupac of TV shows. It came out, it got everybody's attention, it was a bright shining star, but it burned out and for some strange reason, it burned out quick."

An interesting simile, to be sure.

Anyway, so this is it — my inaugural blog post. If there's anything I am, it's cutting edge. Glad I got in on the ground floor of this blog thing.

No, actually I just moved. And while I sit here amidst boxes of crap (the Internet and TiVo are completely set up), I am simultaneously procrastinating and feeling like it's time for new beginnings and junk like that. What better way to mark a milestone in my life than share a public diary with the world. Or at least the three members of it who will ever read this blog.

I'm trying to get back into writing a little bit. We'll see how much I keep up with this once school starts back up in two weeks. But my plan is to post semi-regularly on whatever the hell I feel like. It might be fun. Maybe even funny on occasion. But probably not as funny as Charlie Murphy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home