02 February, 2006

Rap-battling hobos

As pointed out by Parsons today, ESPN has Chuck Klosterman blogging all things Super Bowl on location in Detriot. It's pretty funny, if you like that sort of thing. But a portion of one post from Monday was eye-opening for me.

Chuck is going on about how everyone in the makeshift ESPN newsroom knows each other, but he knows no one:

...I have nothing to offer; all I can really do is look at the Internet and check the results from the SAG awards. I see that the big winner was "Crash," a movie designed for people in Los Angeles who just figured out that racism was "complex" (and must therefore be secretly central to every conversation any two Americans ever have). I wish one of the bears from "Grizzly Man" would eat Matt Dillon and Ludacris.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say since Monday! All week. To people who don't really want to listen. Well, maybe not the Grizzly Man part.

Anyway, this can only mean one thing. I am Chuck Klosterman. Or at least his doppelganger. Which I guess means I'm going to die soon. Karla, if you are reading this, please go through the house and hide the drugs.

1 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 4:16 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

You and check may be like, indentical twins split at birth and raised in, um, different parts of the continent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home